Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow. I just can't believe that my little chatter box turns 2, tomorrow! He has bee such a joy and a light in our lives, that it is hard for me to remember life without him always singing and laughing (Okay, maybe there are days I dream of popping in and out of the grocery store for that one thing missing on my list, instead of dealing with a car seat, convincing a toddler to sit in a cart, and telling him we can can't get a balloon today). I really love this boy and all of the new things I've learned just by being his mom (even the extra grocery store efforts). I can't believe he has gone from this:
Day of birth:
 to this (1st birthday):
 to this!! ( almost 2):

In just two short years, he has become so much. Here are a couple of our favorite highlights from Owen these days:

-He counts! "1...2...3...6...8...9...11...12...13". I love when he points at things and starts counting.

-He sings! "tinkle tinkle liddle starrrr, how I wonder, how I wonder" This tends to be his favorite song these days. He is also a fan of this weird youtube video we call "daddy finger". He sings "daddy finner daddy finner, AAARRE YOUUUU?". Adorable.

-He loves to yell "mommy, ARRRRE YYOUUU?", "daddy, ARRRE YYOUUU?" etc. even if we are sitting right next to him. Hes just checking for our undivided attention.

-He loves to think everyone is doing or feeling the same as Owen. EX: when we go to bed, he says "Mommy seepy, daddy seepy, papa seepy, nana seepy, geegee seepy, paigey seepy" etc.

-He will put "scaawy" (scary) at the end of anything. I think its because he likes to hear peoples reaction (mostly mine) to what he is saying. He also thinks that some people are "scaaawyy" looking and will say it right to their face. We find this hilarious, for now.

-He wakes up every morning yelling "MOMMMYYYY, AAARRRE YYOUUUU?!?!? MOOOMMYY, COME EAR (here)" occasionally we get a "MOMMY, STOP IT!"

-He says "mommy, stop it!" a lot. During bed time songs, during book reading, during play. He will also say "daddy, stop it!" when Brett tries to snuggle him.

-He will say "look at that!" and point to something he thinks is totally awesome.

-He will find the moon. Even in the middle of the day, if the moon is visible in the sky, he finds it and says "moon! moon!"

-He will tell us what is making the sounds that we hear. "fire truck" for the sirens, "airplane" for the loud military jets we hear fly over our house daily, and "birdie" when he hears them outside.

-He loves to play in my car, so he always says "mommy's car, mommy's car, in dere mommy's car!".

-If he wants to experience something (ex: the caltrain) he says "In dere! In dere!" and points his chubby little finger at the choo choo.

-He loves his "clow blankie" (cow blankie) and his "zeeba blankie" (giraffe blankie).

-everytime we come home he yells "danol danol!" (Daniel, our next door neighbor's son) because he wants to play with him all day everyday.

-Our family favorite: "Snuggle me".

-He kisses my baby belly and says "baby sister in dere".

- He will find any spider that is near by. he says "spiiyyder spiiiyyyder!" He now knows that that word is power. He will say it now just to get a reaction from you.

-He calls his raccoon (who replaced the paci) "saccoon".

-He LOOOOVEES! pancakes. Just plain old pankcakes (no syrup or butter). He would eat a whole batch if I let him.

-Every day when daddy gets home, he gets extremely excited. He runs up to Brett and gives him the biggest hug, smiling from ear to ear.

-Every night to start our bed time routine he will say "daddy, are you? knees, prayer". Then he chooses who he wants to say the prayer.

-he loves to pretend call "geegee" (uncle garrett).

-he sings "hap birday to youuuuu! hap birday to you! hap birday Owen" He knows tomorrow is his big day, and he couldn't be more excited!

I am so happy to have a partner in crime! We do it all together and I love that he makes me laugh all day long. Here's to another great year of laughing and learning with you love bug!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No comments: