Monday, June 6, 2011

O1!





Birthday boy! I can't believe it. To think that one little being can bring so much joy to peoples lives, blows my mind. Everywhere we go his smile makes people light up and laugh out loud. He has been the greatest blessing that my heart and soul will ever know. Today has brought out so many emotions its exhausting. I've realized life happens in the blink of an eye, and I want to hold onto every moment. I've felt love like I've never felt before. This little boy has been my rock throughout this year, and I couldn't have done it without his innocent carefree spirit. He has made some of the hardest times in my life feel like the happiest. He has given me strength that I never knew existed inside of me. He has seen me at my worst (no shower for days, completely stressed out and tired), and loved me for all I am, no matter what. I have tried harder than I have ever tried in my life to be a great mom, and I hope it has payed off. I hope you know how much I love you and how amazing I feel when those big blue eyes look at me so lovingly. You're my everything little boy I love you, and could not have made it through this year without you.


Now, emotional stuff aside, today we celebrated his birthday with his best buds, Holland and Max, and also had a little family celebration at grandma and grandpa's. I swear he knew it was "his day" today. He was in the greatest mood all day, nothing could get him down. He loved his birthday candles, and pointed and squealed as they flickered on top of the cake. I spent two days working on a cake for him to dig into on his big day, and after we watched him shove a couple handfuls into his mouth, I think he was satisfied!


I can't believe how much babies change in a year. A year is really not that much time to go from a complete stranger to the world, to trying to walk and talk and be just like mommy and daddy!


Newborn:

1 month:


2 months:


3 months:


4 months:


5 months:


6 months:


7 months:


8 months:


9 months:


10 months:


11 months:


12 months: (his most recent thing is getting into my closet and pulling all my clothes off the hangers.)

1 comment:

kc said...

So cute!! Holland's new thing is to get into my closet too!! How funny. Happy 1st birthday Owen!